We work with you for better outcomes for your clients.
RLC works in partnership with community workers, advocates and lawyers, by providing legal training and resources, so that you can better assist your clients.
- We train workers in NSW and Australia-wide.
- We present a calendar of training webinars - see below.
- We record webinars and videos for viewing at a convenient time.
- We can also come to you, at a time and place that suits you - ask us about customised workplace training.
Community Worker Training calendar
Below are all our past and future webinar topics. You can:
- Participate in a free webinar or watch a free recording. Click on the topic below - it will be linked to more information approximately a month in advance.
- Participate in a paid webinar: Click on the topic below for details, fees and the online booking form.
- Watch a video recording of a future webinar: Register for that webinar, and we will send you the link to that recording when it's available.
- Get an annual subscription, so everyone in your agency or team can access all paid webinars and past and future videos.
Live webinars & video recordings coming soon
|Reporting a Sexual Assault – NSW Police and NSW Health Procedure||17 June 2021 - free video recording available now|
Resolving financial abuse issues #2: The intersection between family law and credit, debt and consumer law
|Wednesday 21 July 2021, 11am AEST - free webinar & recording|
Resolving financial abuse issues: Telecommunications
|August date TBC - paid webinar & recording|
Police Street Powers
|August/September date TBC - free webinar & recording|
Resolving financial abuse issues: Financial control after separation
|September date TBC - paid webinar & recording|
Help! My Client has Problem Debts #1: Internal Dispute Resolution
|October date TBC - paid webinar & recording|
Repairs in public housing and private rentals
|October date TBC - free webinar & recording|
Introduction to Social Housing Law and Policy
|November date TBC - paid webinar & recording|
Topics may change until exact dates are listed above. New training topics and confirmed dates are added throughout the year.
Video recordings from previous years
To watch these videos:
- free videos: simply click the topic link
- videos for subscribers only: get an annual subscription, then everyone in your agency or team can attend live webinars and view all past and future videos. Or you can pay a single webinar fee to watch a single video. Enquiries: Nick Manning (02) 8037 8001 or email email@example.com.
Social housing videos
RLC's Inner Sydney Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Service is a leader in the field of social housing law. These 3-4 minute training videos explain the basics of NSW social housing law and policy, and are a great starting point for anyone new to the topic.
Other legal webinars and videos
As well as the Community Worker Training program, RLC presents webinars and videos for a wider audience.
|Police powers and protests: what are your legal rights?
webinar December 2020
COVID-19 and your Visa
webinar October 2020
|Black Lives Matter - A Roadmap for Policing and Justice Reform
webinar July 2020
- Fees and booking forms
- You can download the resources for our past workshops at any time.
- Ask about Annual Subscriptions.
- Sign up to our Community Worker Alerts (sign-up form at right), and we will alert you to upcoming workshops. We will also email you relevant and useful legal information from time to time.
|Webinar technical details|
|Fees & bookings|
|Cancellations, Transfers, Credits & Refunds|
Enquiries: Nick Manning on firstname.lastname@example.org.