We work with you for better outcomes for your clients.
RLC works in partnership with community workers, advocates and lawyers, by providing legal training and resources, so that you can better assist your clients.
- We train workers in NSW and sometimes Australia-wide.
- We present a calendar of training webinars (online workshops) - see below.
- We record webinars for viewing at a convenient time.
- We can also come to you, at a time and place that suits you - ask us about customised workplace training.
Webinar training calendar
Below are all our past and future workshop topics. You can:
- Participate in a webinar: Click on the topic for details, fees and booking forms. (If there is no link, the details and booking form are not yet available).
- Watch a video recording of a webinar:
- Future webinars: Register for that webinar, and we will send you the link to that recording when it's available.
- Or get an annual subscription, so everyone in your agency or team can access all past and future videos (below).
|Fines and penalty notices 2: Instalments, Waivers & WDOs||Tuesday 13 March 2018|
|Police street powers||Thursday 3 May 2018|
|Introduction to Social Housing Law & Policy||Thursday 24 May 2018|
|Money Matters in Social Housing||Thursday 21 June 2018|
|Helping clients with debts||Second half of 2018|
|Domestic violence and Tenancy Law||Second half of 2018|
|Employment rights||Second half of 2018|
Topics may change until dates are published. New training topics and confirmed dates are added twice a year - next update June 2018.
To watch these videos, get an annual subscription, then everyone in your agency or team can view all past and future videos. Or you can pay a single webinar fee to watch a single video. Enquiries: Nick Manning (02) 9698 7277 (Tuesdays to Fridays) or email email@example.com.
|Domestic violence and tenancy||video available now|
|Help your clients with payday loans||video available now|
|Bullying, harassment & discrimination at work||video available now|
|Introduction to social housing law||video available now|
|Money matters in social housing||video available now|
|Helping clients with credit and debt issues||video available now|
|Domestic violence Safer Pathway reforms||video available now|
|International Students: Effective complaints about education providers||video available now|
|Dodgy Jobs||video available now|
|Navigating legal assistance: Getting the help your clients need||video available now|
|Changes to anti-social behaviour laws in public housing||video available now|
|Financial Abuse in Domestic Relationships||video available now|
|Repairs in NSW public housing and private rentals||video available now|
|Fines and penalty notices 1: Challenging the fine||video available now|
|Fines and penalty notices 2: Instalments, Waivers & WDOs||video available now|
Domestic Violence Court Observation
New in 2018! A unique opportunity to get a first-person perspective on what happens when someone goes to court to gain an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO). Redfern Legal Centre assists thousands of women to obtain legal protection from violence, through the use of ADVOs. Community workers and volunteers can learn more about this vital service, and about what happens in court. more information
Social housing videos
New in 2017! RLC's Inner Sydney Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Service is a leader in the field of social housing law. These 3-4 minute training videos explain the basics of social housing law and policy, and are a great starting point for anyone new to the topic.
- Fees and booking forms
- You can download the resources for our past workshops at any time.
- Ask about Annual Subscriptions.
- Sign up to our Community Worker Alerts (sign-up form at right), and we will alert you to upcoming workshops. We will also email you relevant and useful legal information from time to time.
|Webinar technical details|
|Fees & bookings|
|Cancellations, Transfers, Credits & Refunds|
Enquiries: Nick Manning on (02) 9698 7277 (Tues - Fri) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.