Theory of Change and Strategic Plan 2020–2025
RLC is committed to providing integrated and effective responses to the needs of people experiencing disadvantage, and to driving innovation and change within the legal system.
Our 2020–2025 Strategic Plan is grounded on the belief that by achieving our goals, we will positively impact the people and communities we work within.
Our 2020–2025 Strategic Goals
In all our work, in 2020–2025, we will focus on:
Strengthen our current service delivery and focus on addressing unmet legal need
Measurement and evaluation
Measure and evaluate our services
Collaboration and partnerships
Pursue effective partnerships to better serve our clients and communities
Growth and sustainability
Continue to diversify income sources and prioritise the wellbeing of staff and volunteers.
Our Theory of Change
At Redfern Legal Centre, we believe that:
- There are gaps and flaws in the design of services, policies, and laws in the legal system that are failing people and communities
- People experience inequality and injustices, and
- Marginalised communities lack a voice.
We respond by …
- Providing free legal services including legal advice and representation and referrals to provide holistic solutions
- Engaging in policy and law reform work to change the system, and
- Empowering and building capacity in the community and within the legal profession through legal education and providing an effective volunteer program.
Which results in …
- Increased access to justice for people experiencing disadvantage
- Increased capacity in our community to understand and address legal issues
- Integrated and effective responses to the needs of people experiencing disadvantage
- Empowered and resilient individuals and communities
- Systemic injustices being addressed.
Ultimately this will lead to …
- Equal access to justice
- A just and fair legal system
- Improved wellbeing for Individuals and communities.