Factsheet No.3: Underpaid at Work (Chinese- Simple)

If you are: 

  • not being paid properly (less than $18.93/hour) or not being paid at all; OR
  • not being paid for working late at night or on weekends (penalty rates); OR
  • not being paid for entitlements such as annual leave, sick leave, long service leave or redundancy pay.

You have the legal right to recover what you are owed.

What you need to do:

Step 1. Work out exactly how much you are owed
Step 2. Raise the issue with your employer
Step 3. Write a letter of demand
Step 4. Make a complaint to the Fair Work Ombudsmand; and/or
Step 5. Make a claim at court.

Download factsheet