RLC volunteer confirmation
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RLC. Before we are able to offer you a position, we need you to sign a confidentiality agreement and an LPA declaration (if specified below). We also need some more information from you.
The Legal Profession Uniform Law (NSW) (Uniform Law) provides that RLC must not knowingly have an ‘associate’ in the legal practice who is either not an Australian legal practitioner and who has been convicted of a serious offence, or disqualified from practising as a solicitor, unless they been approved by a relevant authority.
It is a criminal offence for such a person to seek to be an associate of a legal practice, without first informing that legal practice of their conviction or disqualification.
1. Please download and sign the relevant forms.
2. Fill in the correct online confirmation form below and upload the relevant documents.
- Volunteer Legal Assistants (front desk intake volunteer - includes General Intake, Intensive & USYD Social Justice). Confidentiality agreement and LPA declaration required.
- PLTs and Other Volunteers (all other categories of volunteer including PLT, evening volunteer, communications, tenancy, Police Powers clinic, International Students clinic etc). Confidentiality agreement and LPA declaration required.
- Volunteer Solicitors (you will have already submitted a confidentiality agreement. No need to resupply or sign an LPA declaration).
3. If you need to change your start date, you can enter an approximate or changed start date in the online form, but the person at RLC you have been dealing with will not see this, so please contact them directly as well.
4. Upload your signed confidentiality agreement to the correct online form, and submit the form.
5. You may get more information after you submit the form. Please read any additional information carefully and follow any steps outlined there.