Do you need legal help?

You can contact Redfern Legal Centre online or by phone. If you need a free telephone interpreter, call 131 450.

Click here
To make an online enquiry

We provide free, confidential legal information, advice and advocacy in the following areas.

If you need legal help, fill out our online enquiry form

For support with financial abuse, contact our Financial Abuse Legal Service

To find a Justice of the Peace (JP), search the JP Register [external site]


Tenancy & Housing

  • Bond disputes
  • Rent arrears
  • Getting repairs done
  • Being evicted
  • Going to Tribunal
  • Housing NSW

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 5975 (for people in our local catchment area)

Financial Abuse

  • Owing money that you cannot pay back
  • Coercion to sign documents, take out loans or make false declarations
  • Identity theft to secure credit
  • Joint debts/guarantees
  • Credit cards, personal loans and mortgages
  • Utility bills, such as electricity, gas, phone and internet
  • Insurance claims
  • Credit reporting
  • Bankruptcy

For help with Financial Abuse use our online form or phone 0481 730 344. This phone line is staffed Monday to Thursday, 9am to 1pm, but you can leave a voice message outside of these times. (This service is for people in intimate partner relationships living in NSW)

Employment Law

  • Unfair dismissal
  • Workplace harassment
  • Underpayment
  • Employment conditions

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7277 (eligibility criteria apply)

Police Complaints

  • Stop & search
  • Move-on directions
  • Strip searches
  • Unnecessary arrests
  • Malicious prosecutions
  • Unnecessary force
  • Tasering

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7277 (for people living in NSW)

Government Complaints

  • Decision-making by government agencies
  • Use or misuse of law enforcement powers
  • Freedom of Information
  • Privacy

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7277 (for people in our local catchment area)

Money Problems & Consumer Complaints

  • Owing someone money
  • Being owed money
  • Bankruptcy
  • Credit card debts
  • Problems with utilities providers or telephone bills
  • Faulty goods or failure to provide services

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7277 (for people in our local catchment area)

Discrimination & Human Rights

  • Workplace bullying
  • Sex discrimination and harassment
  • Racial discrimination
  • Disability discrimination
  • Age discrimination
  • Discrimination on the basis of sexuality or transgender status
  • Help making complaints to the Australian Human Rights Commission and NSW Anti-Discrimination Board

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7277 (for people in our local catchment area)

International Student Legal Service NSW

  • Housing
  • Fines
  • Debts
  • Car accidents
  • Employment
  • Discrimination
  • Family law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Complaints about colleges or universities
  • How legal issues can affect student visas

Use our online form or phone us on (02) 9698 7645 (international students in NSW)

Where are we?

RLC is located at Redfern Town Hall, 73 Pitt Street, Redfern NSW. Our postal address is PO Box 1805, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012.

Learn more about our services