RLC in the Media: Death of three women after Sydney police chase prompts calls for NSW pursuit review
A renewed push for the New South Wales Police pursuit policy to be reviewed has been put forward by legal advocates in the wake of a fatal police chase in Sydney's west.
The call comes after the death of three women in their 20s at Marayong in Sydney's West on Saturday when the car they were in crashed, seconds into a pursuit.
ABC News - 22 February 2016
Senior solicitor at the Redfern Legal Centre, David Porter, said the Safe Driving Policy was supposed to be reviewed in 2010 and was near completion last year.
"The most frustrating aspect of this is that apparently progress has been made but that progress is not benefiting the police force or any member of the public because it's been kept on hold," he said.
Read full the article on the ABC website.