Employment Rights Legal Service
What is this service?
Free legal help for migrants and vulnerable workers in NSW.
A collaborative partnership between Kingsford Legal Centre, Inner City Legal Centre and Redfern Legal Centre
Have you been underpaid? Are you being unfairly treated by your boss? Do you want to know more about your rights at work?
Employment Rights Legal Service (ERLS) provides free and confidential legal help to migrants and other vulnerable workers across NSW. This free statewide service is a partnership between Kingsford Legal Centre, Inner City Legal Centre and Redfern Legal Centre.
We can help you with problems including:
- Not being paid the right amount
- Losing your job unfairly
- Being bullied by your boss
- Being sexually harassed
- Being discriminated against
Need a free telephone interpreter?
Call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450, and ask them to call us on 02 8004 3270.
Wage theft: know your rights
We often hear from workers who are being exploited by employers who do not pay correctly or deny other workplace entitlements.
If you are:
- not being paid properly (less than $20.33/hour)
- not being paid at all
- not being paid for working late at night or on weekends (penalty rates)
- not being paid for entitlements such as annual leave, sick leave, long service leave or redundancy pay
You are most likely a victim of wage theft, and you have the legal right to recover what you are owed. We can help you.
Watch these short videos to learn more about wage theft:
- Information about Wage Theft (RLC)
- 4 Warning Signs for young workers (Fair Work Ombudsman)
- What you should know about trial shifts at work (RLC International Student Clinic 'Tip of the Week')
Record My Hours app
FWO's Record My Hours app makes it quick and easy for employees to record and store the hours they work, plus other information about their employment.
Don’t want to take legal action right now?
It is important to remember that you have six years to bring your unpaid wages claim from the date you were underpaid. If you would like to discuss your case with ERLS, call us on 02 8004 3270. Anything you tell us will be kept confidential.
Download brochure (multiple languages)
Employment Rights Legal Service is funded by the NSW Government, through the Community Legal Centres Program.