Redfern Legal Centre Board Director
An exciting opportunity exists to be part of the Board of Redfern Legal Centre.
The Centre is looking for an experienced Board Director to join an eight-person strong Board.
This specific position is required to have a background in one or more of the following areas:
- Not for profits
The position requires the Director to have held a previous Board position role ideally at another not-for-profit organisation.
Other core requirements are:
- Ability to support the development of the RLC strategic agenda
- Previous experience in compliance and risk mitigating from a Board or Senior Management perspective and ability to provide oversight on the correct execution of company policies
- Able to continuously raise the awareness and brand profile of the Centre in a positive manner
- Identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and/ or an understanding of the issues impacting First Nations communities
- Strong personal skills to challenge ideas/suggestions in a constructive manner
- Natural ability to make good judgements and minimise flawed decision making in a sensible and practical manner
- Holds sound moral standards and acts with honesty, integrity and trust
Our Board is critical to providing the right direction and governance for the Centre. We rely on all of our staff and volunteers to provide dedication and energy to the roles they have. As a Board Director, you will be required to attend 4 out of 5 Board meetings annually.
Please submit a CV and expression of interest to the attention of Redfern Legal Centre CEO Joanna Shulman at email@example.com.
Redfern Legal Centre welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
Applications close: Tuesday 5 October at 5pm.
Please consider whether you will be able to meet the expectations of attendance on the Board before applying. Applications that do not specifically address the selection criteria will not be considered.