COVID-19 testing in Redfern
Need a COVID-19 test? Sydney Local Health District (SLHD) is providing free COVID-19 testing and flu shots for the community at Redfern Health Centre, Monday to Friday from 9am-4pm.
The Redfern Health Centre is located in the old courtroom at 103-105 Redfern Street.
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, even mild symptoms, should get tested at a COVID-19 testing clinic.
As well as people who have COVID-19 symptoms, testing is recommended for those who are at increased risk.
This includes people who are:
- admitted to hospital with acute respiratory illness or unexplained fever
- experiencing acute respiratory illness or fever in high risk settings such as hospitals, aged care and other residential facilities, boarding schools and cruise ships.
- experiencing unexplained respiratory symptoms or fever who self-identify as Aboriginal or live in Aboriginal rural and remote communities.
Testing is also recommended for:
- Travellers returned from overseas
- People who have had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Anyone who works in a school community and has symptoms.
To find a free COVID-19 testing clinic in your local area, visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics
NSW Health has also issued a strong recommendation to wear a mask in high-risk public situations where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. This includes enclosed spaces such as supermarkets and public transport.
Staff in customer-facing roles, including retail and hospitality, should also wear masks. Although this health advice is non-compulsory, wearing a mask is strongly recommended as a “fourth line of defence" after staying home if sick, social distancing and hand hygiene.