Our Impact 2020-21
RLC's Impact Report provides a snapshot of our activities and highlights the impact of our work over the 2020–21 financial year.
At Redfern Legal Centre, we measure and track our performance against outcomes to hold ourselves accountable for the impact we have on people and communities. Our 2020–2025 Strategic Plan is grounded on the belief that by achieving our goals, we will positively impact the people and communities we work with.
RLC's Theory of Change - Achieving Outcomes
At Redfern Legal Centre, we believe that:
- There are gaps and flaws in the design of services, policies, and laws in the legal system that are failing people and communities
- People experience inequality and injustices, and
- Marginalised communities lack a voice.
We respond by …
- Providing free legal services including legal advice and representation and referrals to provide holistic solutions
- Engaging in policy and law reform work to change the system, and
- Empowering and building capacity in the community and within the legal profession through legal education and providing an effective volunteer program.
Which results in …
- People experiencing disadvantage have increased access to justice
- People have increased capacity to address and understand their legal issues
- Services working together so that people have their needs met holistically
- Systemic injustices being addressed
- Empowered and resilient individuals and communities
Ultimately this will lead to …
- Equal access to justice
- A just and fair legal system
- Improved wellbeing for Individuals and communities.