Volunteer solicitors work one evening advice shift weekly or fortnightly. Applicants may apply in one of four legal areas, in accordance with their skills and experience:
- Police and government accountability (Monday 6:30pm-9pm)
- Employment and discrimination (Tuesday 6:30pm-9pm)
- International students service (Wednesday 6:30pm-9pm)
- Credit, debt and consumer complaints (Thursday 6:30pm-9pm).
- Staffing a face-to-face and telephone advice shift on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Interviewing clients and providing advice
- Accurately recording advice given on advice forms
- Accurately obtaining and recording statistical information from clients
- Following Professional Indemnity Insurance requirements.
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- 12 months post-admission experience
- A high level of communication skills
- A high level of personal motivation
- Whilst under supervision, an ability to provide accurate advice in face-to-face and telephone interviews
- A capacity to be accountable to RLC policies and procedures
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural and political backgrounds and a respect for multiculturalism and diversity.
How to apply
Applications for Volunteer Solicitor positions are open all year round. Once received, your application will be added to a queue. As positions become available, the supervising solicitor of that advice night will choose suitable applicants from queued applications. Applicants with experience relevant to RLC areas of law will be given priority.
Please complete the online application form and attach:
- A current resume
- A signed and dated confidentiality agreement (download from below).
* Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, applicants will only be contacted when there are appropriate vacancies.