Webinar technical details
A webinar is a seminar presented over the internet. RLC uses Zoom Webinar, which lets you see and hear the presenters, but nobody can see or hear you. You can watch from anywhere with a broadband connection, on a computer or mobile device.
You will hear the presenter and see their presentation. You can type questions and comments - the presenter can answer by speaking or typing the answer.
What do I need?
- PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.
- Good broadband or NBN internet (mobile data not recommended)
- Good speakers, or headphones, or a landline phone (see Audio quality below).
Install the free Zoom app on your device if you don't already have it. Go to https://zoom.us/download and install "Zoom Client for Meetings".
How do I register and attend a webinar?
On the webinar information page on this website, click BOOK NOW, and fill in the short form and click SUBMIT. You will immediately receive a confirmation email, with your link to the webinar.
Before the start time of the webinar, simply click the link in that email. Zoom will ask you for your name and email, and then you will have access to the webinar.
On the webinar information page on this website, click BOOK NOW, and fill in the short form and click SUBMIT. You will immediately receive a confirmation email with more details about how to participate. Each participant must be registered using a different email address and that email must be accessible on the device they will use for the webinar (eg. PC or tablet).
You will get an email a few hours before the webinar, with a link to access the webinar in Zoom.
Some webinar participants experience poor sound quality. Our recommendations:
- Use the best internet connection in the quietest location you can. We strongly recommend you use good speakers or headphones.
- If you have good WIFI, you can use an iPad, iPhone or Android phone or tablet.
- If your internet connection is weak or unreliable but you have a good phone connection: Listen to the sound on your phone while watching on your PC. The phone number will be listed in the email we send you. Log on on your PC or other device as instructed, and then you will receive a code which you can use with that phone number.
- View the recording of the webinar at a later date. A few weeks after the webinar, everyone who registered will get an email with a link to the recording, which you can watch at a time and place that suits you.
Enquiries: Nick Manning firstname.lastname@example.org.