Resources: STOP, SEARCH AND DETAIN: Police powers on the street
WEBINAR: STOP, SEARCH AND DETAIN: Police powers on the street
|The resources below complement our webinar on this topic in September 2021. See all our community worker training.|
Where does this information apply?
The information below only applies to NSW (Australia) and was correct as of September 2021.
The Powerpoint file of this webinar in downloadable at the bottom of this page.
Police Powers and Your Rights (fact sheet) by The Shopfront Youth Legal Centre http://www.theshopfront.org/documents/Police_powers_and_your_rights_(updated_September_2017).PDF
Police Powers (fact sheet) by Legal Aid
Strip Searches and Your Rights (fact sheet) by RLC https://rlc.org.au/publication/factsheet-no-4-strip-searches-and-your-rights
Police Complaints (fact sheet) by RLC https://rlc.org.au/publication/factsheet-no-2-police-complaints
COVID legal information
- Lockdown laws: COVID-19 rules and Police Powers in NSW
- Redfern Legal Centre runs a statewide police complaints practice. https://redfernlegal.wufoo.com/forms/contact-redfern-legal-centre
- Legal Aid Hotline for Under 18s - 1800 10 18 10, 9am to midnight weekdays, 24 hours on weekends
- The Shopfront Youth Legal Centre http://www.theshopfront.org/7.html
- Most community legal centres www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/advice/about_clcs.html
- Legal Aid www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/legal-aid-nsw-offices
The Powerpoint file for this presentation, is below.