Dodgy jobs (webinar)
Some of Australia's well-known companies keep making headlines lately, for all the wrong reasons, with multiple reports of underpaid workers sometimes getting as little as $7 per hour. Certain fast food and convenience stores, as well as cleaning companies, have been investigated. What is happening to casual employment in Australia? In this short webinar we look at the trend towards "sham contracting" and other ways some employers are exploiting our vulnerable workers.
Presenter: Linda Tucker, Employment & Discrimination Solicitor, RLC
Who will benefit from this webinar: Community workers, student advocates, legal centre volunteers, and secondary and tertiary students, across Australia.
Thursday 6 April 2017
Can’t attend? Book a place (or subscribe) so you can watch the recording later.
Bookings and payments
You can book a single place at a webinar for $40 per person. This fee also entitles you to view the recording of the webinar later.
Alternatively you can book places using:
- an annual subscription - multiple places at multiple webinars, for a single annual fee.
- a concession - free of charge to eligible students, volunteers and others. Anybody who has paid employment relevant to this topic is not eligible for this concession. RLC will contact you to confirm your eligibility.
- Pay now by credit card: $0.30 non-refundable fee per person.
- Get an invoice and pay later, by cheque, direct bank transfer, or credit card. RLC will email you an invoice within 7 days, with details of how to pay.
- Book places using an annual subscription: Current subscribers are listed on the annual subscriptions page. If you don't have a subscription yet, all you have to do is request one, and you can immediately start booking using it - you can pay later. See annual subscriptions.
- Book a free place as an eligible concession.
How to book
- Get the names and email addresses of each person you are booking a place for. (Individual emails are essential as it is the person's email address that gives them access to the webinar broadcast and the recording of the webinar).
- Click BOOK NOW. There will be an extra step if:
- Paying now by credit card: When you submit the form you will be redirected to our secure credit card payment system TryBooking.
- Using your Annual Subscription: When you submit the form you will be redirected to our webinar software Citrix GoToWebinar. You must complete the Citrix form too.
RLC will email each participant the details of how to log on to the webinar, a few days before the event.
Enquiries: Nick Manning on (02) 9698 7277 (Tuesdays to Fridays) or email email@example.com.
|Webinar technical details|
|Fees & bookings|
|Cancellations, Transfers, Credits & Refunds|