An exciting opportunity exists be part of the Board of Redfern Legal Centre. We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
As the oldest community legal centre in NSW, Redfern Legal Centre is a leader in the sector. For over 40 years we have worked to redress inequalities in the legal system that adversely and disproportionately affect vulnerable people, both in the Redfern community and State wide. RLC embraces innovation in responding to emerging issues in the legal landscape and in pursuing social change and law reform to reduce inequalities.
The Centre is looking for an experienced Board Director to join an 8 person strong Board. The Board Director will be involved in developing a new strategic plan for RLC. We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The position requires the Director to have held a previous Board position role ideally at another not-for-profit organisation.
Other core requirements are:
- Strong personal skills to challenge ideas / suggestions in a constructive manner
- Ability to support the development of the RLC strategic agenda
- Previous experience in compliance and risk mitigating from a Board or Senior Management perspective and ability to provide oversight on the correct execution of company policies
- Ability to continuously raise the awareness and brand profile of the Centre in a positive manner
Desired (at least one of the following):
- Experience in the social sector- either in policy/ government or at an NGO to ensure a broad understanding can be gained about the decision-making landscape (potentially) influencing the Centre and the Community it serves.
- Digital Experience – knowledge of digital trends and digital resources
- Branding/fundraising experience - approaches available to achieve reach through brand exposure and/or generating different revenue streams.
- Accounting/ Financial literacy
Our Board is critical to providing the right direction and governance for the Centre. We rely on all of our staff and volunteers to provide dedication and energy to the roles they have. As a Board Director, it is desirable to attend Board meetings in person.
Redfern Legal Centre welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people who are LGBTIQ and people with disability.
Applications close: 5pm, 11 February 2019. We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Applications that do not specifically address the selection criteria will not be considered.