How to Apply - Volunteer Legal Assistants
There are three intakes of Volunteer Legal Assistants per year.
February-March 2018 intake
- Applications now closed
- Volunteers start: February-March 2018
- All applicants will be contacted by the end of February
June-July 2018 intake
- Applications open April 2018
- Applications close May 2018
- Volunteers start: June-July 2018
November 2018 intake
- Applications open September 2018
- Applications close: October 2018
- Volunteers start: November 2018. (If you will be unavailable for a month or more from November to February, you should apply for the February-March 2019 intake instead).
February-March 2019 intake
- Applications open December 2018
- Applications close January 2019
- Volunteers start: February-March 2019
- Completion of at least two years of a combined undergraduate law degree, one year of a graduate law degree, or relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice causes and volunteering in the community
- Demonstrated understanding of legal ethical issues affecting community legal centres including conflict of interest and maintaining client confidentiality
- Available for at least three full half-day shifts per week (Monday to Friday 9am-1pm, Monday to Thursday 2pm-6pm, and Friday 2pm-5pm) for a minimum of twelve months. You will need to offer at least 3 possible shifts, preferably 5, and we will roster you on to one of those shifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in administration or customer service
- Ability to speak a community language.
How to apply
Complete the online application form (which is linked here when applications open) and attach to the form:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria. Please number your responses in line with the numbered selection criteria above. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- A current resume
- A completed and signed Confidentiality Agreement (download below).
The selection process takes up to 6-8 weeks following the deadline.
Enquiries: Communications & Volunteer Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org