PLT Placement (Volunteer) - Financial Abuse Service NSW
Redfern Legal Centre is seeking an enthusiastic PLT student to volunteer two days per week within our Financial Abuse Service NSW. The role can be done remotely or on-site in compliance with our COVID-safe policy.
Responsibilities include file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, drafting content for submissions, articles and e-bulletins, and follow-up on client matters, under supervision of the practice solicitor. Training and supervision will be provided either remotely over Microsoft Teams or in-person.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training.
- Availability to start in the week commencing Monday 11 July 2022.
- Availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please state your preferred length of commitment (e.g. 75 days in total).
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or customer service.
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting community legal centres, including confidentiality and conflict of interest.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting RLC’s clients and a demonstrated interest in the work of financial abuse.
- Ability to speak a relevant community language.
- Previous front desk experience at Redfern Legal Centre will be highly regarded.
Applications for this position should be addressed to Rebecca Campbell.
Applicants must complete the online application form, ticking the ‘PLT - Other’ checkbox, and uploading the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- A CV including: contact details, education, relevant experience and two referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
- A copy of your academic transcript.
If you have any queries or need help lodging your online application please contact Finn O'Keefe, Communications and Volunteer Manager at email@example.com
Applications close: 9am, Monday 4 July 2022.