PLT Placement (Volunteer) - Financial Abuse Service NSW
Redfern Legal Centre is seeking an enthusiastic PLT student to volunteer 2-3 days per week within our Financial Abuse Service NSW. Applications for this position are now closed.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, drafting content for submissions, articles and e-bulletins, and follow-up on client matters, under supervision of the practice solicitor.
Essential Selection Criteria
1. Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
2. Please indicate:
a. your availability to start on or before Wednesday 29 January 2020;
b. your preference to work either Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays;
c. your desired minimum length of commitment (e.g. 75 days).
3. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice
4. Demonstrated experience in administration and/or customer service
5. Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting community legal centres, including confidentiality and conflict of interest
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
8. Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting RLC’s client groups and a demonstrated interest in the work of financial abuse.
1. Ability to speak a relevant community language
2. Previous front desk experience at Redfern Legal Centre will be highly regarded.
Applications for this position should be addressed to Laura Bianchi. Applications for this position are now closed.
Applicants must complete the online application form, tick the ‘PLT - Other’ checkbox, and upload the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- A CV including: contact details, education, relevant experience and two or three referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
- A copy of your academic transcript.
If you have any queries or need help lodging your online application, please contact Laura Bianchi, Financial Abuse Service NSW Team Leader on 02 8037 8001. Applications close: 9am, Wednesday 15 January 2020. Applications for this position are now closed.