Jobs & Volunteers
There are no employment opportunities currently available. See below for volunteering opportunities.
Redfern Legal Centre opened its doors in 1977 with one paid staff member, barely any money and lots of volunteers with experience, enthusiasm, passion, commitment and a vision for the provision of free legal advice to the community. Over 40 years later, volunteers still play an integral role in RLC's work. We simply could not provide our services to the community without the help of our volunteer solicitors, legal assistants, practical legal training students, and pro bono partners and firms.
- PLT Placement (Volunteer) - Health Justice Partnership: RLC is seeking two enthusiastic PLT students to work 2-3 days per week under the supervision of a Health Justice Partnership solicitor.
- PLT Placement (Volunteer) - Credit and Debt practice: RLC is seeking an enthusiastic PLT student to work 2-3 days per week with our Credit and Debt solicitor.
- Volunteer Solicitors: We have limited openings for additional volunteer solicitors throughout the year. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
- Volunteer Legal Assistants: Click for details of the role and all intakes.
- University of Sydney Social Justice Legal Clinic: Enrol in Social Justice to be a Volunteer Legal Assistant, and earn course credit.
Redfern Legal Centre supports Equal Employment Opportunity principles in the selection of volunteers and staff. If you require some adjustment to the workplace to enable you to meet the selection criteria, please contact the Communications & Volunteer Manager on 9698 7277 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion of what can be done to accommodate your request.
Please let us know if there is anything about you that may cause an issue to arise under the Legal Profession Uniform Law Act (NSW) No 16a. For instance, please note section 121 of Legal Profession Uniform Law (disqualification or conviction for serious offence) and any necessary approvals required.
Visit www.clcvolunteers.net.au for more volunteering opportunities in the Community Legal Centre sector.
Other ways you can help
If you want to get involved and support the work of Redfern Legal Centre but don't have time to volunteer, consider making a donation to help us maintain urgently needed free legal services to communities across NSW.