RLC volunteer position: First Nations research assistant – RLC Reconciliation Action Plan
RLC is seeking a current RLC volunteer to assist with research to inform the development of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Applications for this position are now closed.
This position will be required one day per week for a period of six months, commencing February 2021. Applications for this position are now closed.
We are seeking a current RLC volunteer who is interested and passionate about enhancing service access and cultural safety for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- High level of understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Peoples, cultures and issues
- Ability to foster productive and harmonious working relationships
- Attention to detail
- Strong research skills, and ability to follow direction
- Willingness to adhere to the Terms of Reference (Working Group)
- Ensure that the Reconciliation Working Group is aware of, and recognises the implication of, Aboriginal and Torres Strait community perspective
- An understanding of the Reconciliation Action Plan framework, or commitment to learn
- Demonstrated experience of developing meaningful and practical strategies for reconciliation initiatives.
Please submit an expression of interest and any queries to Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a brief cover letter with two paragraphs only addressing each criterion:
- Kindly provide a brief outline as to why you would like to volunteer to be part of the Redfern Legal Centre Reconciliation Action Plan Group in 2021.
- Briefly state/outline any experience you have had working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, either at RLC or in another capacity, and how this has driven your passion and Interest to work with First Nations People and communities in the future
Applications close: 27 January 2021 at 9am. Applications for this position are now closed.