Position Vacant: Marketing and Engagement Project Officer
RLC is seeking a part-time marketing and engagement officer to network with key stakeholders to increase uptake of an interactive multi-language legal information app for international students. Applications are now closed.
Redfern Legal Centre works to redress inequalities in the legal system that adversely and disproportionately affect people experiencing vulnerability. The Centre provides legal advice casework, legal education, and pursues social change and law reform to reduce these inequalities.
This is an exciting short-term position with a focus on marketing and networking with education providers, government and other key stakeholders, with the aim of increasing uptake of an interactive multi-language legal information app designed for international students. Learn more about My Legel Mate here. Applications are now closed.
Skills: The person we are seeking will have experience in marketing, networking and use of technology such as websites, email and social media. They will have a high level of self-motivation and problem-solving ability, excellent time management and organisational skills as well as proven creative and persuasive communication skills to effectively market and promote services.
The ideal candidate will have high levels of self-motivation and problem-solving ability, excellent time management and organisational skills as well as proven creative and persuasive communication skills to effectively market and promote services. In addition, specific skills include:
- Software: you don’t need to be an IT whiz but you need to be familiar with software such as like Canva, Photoshop, Hootsuite, Trello or similar systems.
- Social Media: proven ability to generate awareness and engagement via social media platforms, especially Instagram, Facebook, and ideally, WeChat.
- Email marketing: proven ability to generate and manage multiple email marketing lists and run sequenced campaigns accordingly
- Graphic design: Basic graphic design ability, you know your way around Canva or Photoshop (or can prove you can quickly learn). Enough for eDMs, brochures, social posts and more
- Data and analytical ability: ability to measure in detail the results of every communication and overarching campaign, and to present findings to senior management.
Status: This is a six-month position for between 1 – 3 days per week to be negotiated with the successful applicant
Salary and benefits: $83,003 – $88,496 pro rata p.a. ($45.48 – $48.49 per hour) depending on qualifications and years of similar experience
Superannuation and annual leave loading is paid in addition to the quoted salary and salary packaging* is available. In addition to being a flexible workplace, RLC offers a 35-hour working week and time in lieu options.
- Salary packaging
- Paid Christmas closure of 2 weeks (including public holidays) on top of 4 weeks annual leave
- 35-hour working week
- Time in lieu options
- Flexible workplace
* As a Public Benevolent Institution, Redfern Legal Centre is able to offer staff generous salary packaging options. The tax savings for a staff member choosing to take full advantage of the salary packaging option mean that their take home salary may be increased by up to $6,000 per annum.
Redfern Legal Centre welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
Applications close: Friday 16 April at 9.00am. Applications are now closed.
Applications that do not specifically address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Download the job information pack, including selection criteria, and information for applicants below: