Position Vacant: Communications Placement (Volunteer)
Redfern Legal Centre is seeking an enthusiastic volunteer placement to support the work of RLC’s Communications and Volunteer Manager. This position is now closed.
This position would ideally suit a student studying a combination of communications, law, media arts or journalism who wants to gain communications and administrative experience in a busy community legal centre.
The Communications Placement will assist with a variety of communications and administrative tasks. This includes drafting content for RLC's website, e-bulletin and social media channels, assisting with writing media releases and background information for journalists, producing multimedia resources (eg. filming, editing, transcribing), and other tasks as required. The placement would also assist with the collation of report materials and other administrative processes.
This volunteer role will be one day per week (Fridays preferred), for a minimum commitment of three months (availability for six months highly regarded).
This position is now closed. Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest by filling out the online application form and uploading the following documents:
- A signed confidentiality deed (download below)
- A cover letter addressing all of the selection criteria that meet your experience.
- A current CV.
Selection Criteria (Desired)
- A confident writer, with the ability to translate legal news and information into an accessible format
- Ability to manage administrative processes and systems; experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience writing for the web and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Experience with Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp, or similar
- Skills in multimedia production or design (eg. video editing, photography, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience drafting fundraising materials
- Experience with website content management systems
- Skills in Google Analytics, AdWords or SEO
- An interest in social justice and working with marginalised communities
- Customer service experience
- Volunteering experience (experience working with community organisations, community legal centres or other legal organisations would be highly regarded).
This position is for three months initially, but the availability to commit for a six month period would be highly regarded.
This position is now closed. Depending on skills and availability, we may accept more than one applicant or create a shortlist for future opportunities.
For inquiries, please email Finn O'Keefe firstname.lastname@example.org