PLT Placements (Volunteers) - Two Positions Available
RLC is seeking two enthusiastic PLT students to work 2-3 days per week, under the supervision of our Police Powers and Employment Law solicitors.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, drafting content for submissions, articles and e-bulletins, and follow-up on client matters, under supervision of the practice solicitor.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or customer service
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting community legal centres, including confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting RLC’s client groups and a demonstrated interest in the work of either our Police Powers practice or our Employment law practice.
- Ability to speak a relevant community language
- Previous front desk experience at Redfern Legal Centre will be highly regarded.
Applicants must complete the online application form, ticking the ‘PLT - Other’ checkbox, and uploading the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- A CV including: contact details, education, relevant experience and two or three referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
- A copy of your academic transcript.
You may apply for either or both positions. You must lodge each application separately, demonstrating interest and experience relevant to the practice area that you are applying for.
If you have any queries or need help lodging your online application, email RLC Communications and Volunteer Manager Finn O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 9am, 13 December 2019