PLT Placement (Volunteer) - Credit and Debt practice
RLC is seeking an enthusiastic PLT student to work 2-3 days per week with our Credit and Debt solicitor. Applications for this position are now closed.
In this role you will gain valuable experience supporting vulnerable clients and working on cutting edge law reform in areas including financial abuse, debt recovery, insurance matters, consumer complaints and more. Applications for this position are now closed.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, and follow up on client matters, under supervision of the Credit and Debt solicitor.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or customer service
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting community legal centres, including confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting RLC’s client groups and an interest the work of RLC's Credit and Debt practice.
- Ability to speak a relevant community language
- Previous front desk experience at Redfern Legal Centre will be highly regarded.
Applications for this position are now closed. Applicants must complete the online application form, ticking the ‘PLT - Other’ checkbox, and uploading the following documents in PDF format:
- A cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- A CV including: contact details, education, experience and two or three referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
- A copy of your academic transcript.
Applications for this position are now closed.
Please address your application to Laura Bianchi. If you have any queries, or if you need help lodging your online application, email RLC Communications and Volunteer Manager Finn O’Keefe at email@example.com.