That Redfern Legal Centre is acknowledged as a leader in providing quality legal services to the community.
That RLC will deliver to the needs of the community through its development of core specialist skills in:
- Domestic violence;
- Credit, debt and consumer complaints;
- Tenancy and housing;
- Police and government accountability;
- Discrimination and human rights; and
- An advice clinic for international students.
That RLC will also provide generalist advice to clients who experience disadvantage such as:
- People with disability;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- People of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and
As a result, RLC will be seen as a centre of excellence, providing thought leadership and cutting edge law-reform in these areas for the benefit of the community.
RLC promotes social justice by:
- Providing free legal advice, legal services and education to disadvantaged people in New South Wales; in particular to residents of inner Sydney and to the groups who advocate for them; and
- Participating in activities that reduce inequalities and defects in laws, the legal system, and administrative and social practices that impact on disadvantaged people.
Equity and social justice;
Empowerment of individuals and communities to enjoy their rights; and
Respect for clients, the communities we work within, and each other.
1. Legal Services
To assist disadvantaged people and their representatives to access justice and the legal system.
2. Legal Reform
To identify and seek to remove inequalities in the laws, legal system, administrative practices and society as a whole that affect disadvantaged people by working for social and legal change to enhance respect for human rights.
3. Legal Education
To educate disadvantaged people and their representatives in legal rights so they can resolve problems and assert their rights.
4. Organisational Resourcing
To sustain an infrastructure and administration that provides adequate resourcing for our activities and to effectively manage and maintain those resources.