Publications - Financial Rights Updates
23 September 2014
The ACCC has released a revised ‘Advertising and Selling Guide’, which highlights the legal rights and...
01 August 2014
Find out some simple ways to assist your clients dealing with fines from the State Debt Recovery Office....
27 March 2014
Redfern Legal Centre has recently advised a number of clients with large debts to Centrelink. These debts...
20 December 2013
- Background: What obligations apply to the lenders?
- The new responsibilities and restrictions...
15 October 2013
The Statutory Limitation Period on Debts
- From what date does the 6-year...
30 April 2013
- EWON survey finds consumers paying for a free service
- What exactly do 'credit repair' agents...
01 April 2013
- The Personal Property Security Register
30 November 2012
- Help! My client is being made bankrupt!
30 June 2012
- What are the notice requirements of strata?
- What can the owners corporation recover? ...
01 January 2012
- Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Attorney
01 November 2011
- How to obtain a waive of a debt for your client
01 August 2011
- Voluntary bankruptcy vs waiting for the Sheriff
- What property can I keep?
01 April 2011
- Superannuation - Death Benefits
- Binding Death Benefit Nomination
- What if the...
01 February 2011
- Insurance and floods
- How does your insurer work out what caused the damage?
01 November 2010
- Housing NSW to write off old debts
01 September 2010
- Using the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman