Position Vacant: Fundraising Manager
Use your fundraising experience, and your philanthropic connections in this exciting new role within the social justice sector.
Redfern Legal Centre is the oldest Community Legal Centre in NSW, providing free legal assistance, community education and law reform in the areas of domestic violence, housing, credit & debt, police powers, government accountability, employment and discrimination law. We also have a statewide practice for international students.
Like other organisations in the not for profit sector experiencing decreases in government funding, we are now looking to build other revenue streams.
This is an exciting time for us where we can move to being even more independent from government and grow innovative, strong, successful private funding streams such as key donor programs and corporate partnerships.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to lead us through this exciting time of growth, change and opportunity.
The newly created position of Fundraising Manager will develop and grow a fundraising program, with a key focus being on building up RLC’s network of supporters at both major gifts and a regular, smaller individual giving level.
Reporting to the CEO, this will be a key leadership role within the RLC team and be responsible for generating a range of different types of funding to ensure the legal team can continue to provide the essential legal services available to vulnerable communities.
Success in the role will be measured by:
- The development of a strategic multi-stream, multi-year fundraising plan.
- The ability to champion and sell the strategy to the Board, staff and stakeholders.
- The ability to convert prospects into support.
- The ability to “make the ask”.
- The ability to attract funding in a timely manner per agreed targets.
This role has a six month trial period.
Skills and attributes – Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in a professional fundraising role (with 3-5 years experience);
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Bring with you an established network of relationships across a broad range of communities;
- Proven experience in developing a highly successful fundraising strategy including demonstrated success in building individual donation revenue and programs and in securing grants or major donations from philanthropic bodies, government, major donors and the corporate sector.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close knit team.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is a permanent, full time position with a 6 month trial period.
Salary and Benefits:
We expect the salary to be in the range of $80,650 - $87,017 but negotiable depending on your qualifications and experience.
Superannuation and annual leave loading is paid in addition to this and salary packaging* is available. In addition to being a flexible workplace, RLC offers a 35 hour working week, time in lieu options and 6 weeks annual leave.
* As a Public Benevolent Institution, Redfern Legal Centre is able to offer staff generous salary packaging options. The tax savings for a staff member choosing to take full advantage of the salary packaging option mean that their take home salary may be increased by up to $16,000 per annum.
Please also read the Job Description and Information for Applicants before submitting an application.