- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in NSW, eligible to hold an unrestricted practicing certificate and at least 4 years relevant post-admission experience.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas of law: human rights, civil litigation, victims of crime, criminal/domestic violence matters, family and child welfare, discrimination, employment, credit and debt, consumer law, housing and tenancy, migration law, police complaints and young peoplesʼ legal issues.
- Commitment to the objectives of Community Legal Centres and an understanding of access and equity principles.
- Experience in supervising the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with, communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, pro bono providers, government, community organisations and other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to develop and implement a range of strategies in relation to casework, education, policy and law reform issues.
- Demonstrated ability to run test cases.
- Demonstrated ability to organise campaigns and activities aimed at achieving law reform, including ability to be a public advocate for RLC clients.
←Back to position description