Positions vacant: PLT opportunities at RLC
Redfern Legal Centre is seeking several part time (2-3 days per week) PLT placements to support our solicitors in the areas of Employment & Discrimination, International Students and Credit, Debt & Consumer Law.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, follow up on client matters, and law reform and policy work under the supervision of a designated solicitor.
Please complete the online application form, selecting the option 'PLT' and attaching the following information:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed below, and outlining which practice area/s you are interested in. If you do not address the selection criteria in your application, you will not be considered for the position.
- A resumé including: name, address and contact details, education, experience, and two or three referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
- Signed Assignment of Moral Rights and Confidentiality Deed (available for download below)
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated experience in administration or customer service
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting Community Legal Centres including confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Available 2 - 3 days per week, commencing April 2017
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team
- Interest in policy and law reform work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting RLC’s client groups
- Ability to speak a relevant community language.
- Online applications close 28 April 2017. For all inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org