Catchment and Eligibility
What can we do to help?
Redfern Legal Centre offers advice in the following areas of law:
- Police and government complaints (available for people in NSW)
- Employment and discrimination (catchment area applies)
- Domestic violence (catchment area applies)
- Money problems and consumer complaints (catchment area applies)
- Housing and tenancy (catchment area applies)
- International student advice service (available for people in NSW)
Redfern Legal Centre's geographical catchment area includes:
Alexandria; Annandale; Balmain; Beaonsfield; Botany; Camperdown; Chippendale; Darlington; Eastlakes; Erskineville; Glebe; Haymarket; Hillsdale; Leichhardt; Lilyfield; Mascot; Millers Point; Newtown; Pagewood; Pyrmont; Redfern; Rosebery; Rozelle; St Peters; Surry Hills; Sydney; Ultimo; Waterloo and Zetland.
This is not an exhaustive list of the suburbs we cover. Please call us on (02) 9698 7277 to see you are in our catchment area. If you fall outside of our catchment area we will refer you to a community legal centre closer to you. However, if you are seeking advice in an area of law that we can assist in, we may still be able to make an appointment for you.
Enter your postcode into Looking for Legal Advice? to find your local community legal centre.
Advice may be provided in other cases, such as:
- If you are on a low income or Centrelink benefit and
- Are living with a disability; or
- Are of non-English speaking background;
- Are homeless; or
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Redfern Legal Centre does not advise:
- In conveyancing or commercial law matters;
- Employers in employment responsibility matters;
- Landlords in tenancy matters;
- Head tenants against sub-tenants in tenancy matters;
- Male defendants in domestic violence matters where the complainant lives in our catchment area or whose case may be heard in Downing Centre, Waverley or Balmain local courts;
- Neighbours against neighbours;
- Guarantors seeking a solicitor's certificate about a loan.